Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Carapace



Ta da! Today I'm very excited to announce and unveil a new direction for Visual Prose, with the addition of original mixed media works . You can check out a selection of these pieces in the new mixed media image gallery, within the lightbox here.

I'm particularly excited by the "carapace" life cast forms, available as wall art. I create each carapace as a unique, one-of-a-kind piece. Examples in the gallery range from those constructed from fibres and threads, to plaster, cloth and concrete (such as the carapace above), and are available in a range of finishes.
Carapace pictured in the gallery measure approximately 62cm (h) x 40cm (w) for both female and male forms full size. Finished weights of final pieces are dependent upon medium used, and vary.

I will be adding to this gallery as new carapace and other mixed media works evolve. Let me know what you think! To contact me regarding availability and pricing for the works pictured in the gallery, or for more information about personally commissioned pieces made to order, drop me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment